Below we have the top 5 Drone company startups that have raised the most capital for their innovative ideas and technologies.
1. Airware coming in at first with more than $40 million dollars in capital – Based in San Francisco this company is lead by the CEO Jonathan Downey. He has raised several rounds of funding since 2011 from Venture Capitalists like GE Ventures Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, First Round Capital and Felicis Ventures.
2. 3D Robotics, More than $35 million dollars in capital – CEO Chris Anderson in has raised multiple round of capital for this drone company based in San Diego since 2009. It’s last amount was not disclosed to the public but it was raised from Virgin Air founder Richard Branson. Other backers include True Ventures, Foundry Group, Mayfield Ventures, SK Ventures and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures.
3. XAircraft, $20 million. Drone company based in Guangzhou, China, far from the FAA’s reach. It raised its only round of funding in September from Chengwei Capital, 20 million on a first round very impressive.
4. Skycatch, $13.2 million. This is another San Francisco-based drone startup, led by CEO Christian Sanz. It was founded in 2013 and its backers include Google Ventures, Sherpalo Ventures, SK Ventures and ff Venture Capital.
5. Cyphy Works, $10 million. based in Danvers, Mass., this company led by CEO Helen Greiner was founded in 2008. Its backers include General Catalyst Partners, Felicis Ventures and Lux Capital.